Strategic Priorities 2016-2021
Develop a comprehensive, long-term communication plan that:
• Informs teachers and the public about the objectives and processes of self-regulation.
• Develops among teachers and the public an appreciation of the value of self-regulation.
• Improves the transparency of the SPTRB's functions.
• Assures clear, consistent and timely information is provided to stakeholders.
• Teachers and employers of teachers understand their obligations under the Registered Teachers Act.
Develop a stakeholder relationship building plan that:
• Fosters communication, understanding and trust between Saskatchewan's education sector
organizations and the SPTRB.
• Clearly delineates the responsibilities of the SPTRB from those of the other sector organizations.
• Leads to support of the SPTRB's work by the other sector organizations and by the SPTRB to the other
• Encourages the participation of First Nations in the teacher regulatory system.
Enhance Board and committee effectiveness and accountability through:
• Professional development and good governance.
• Identification, review and improvement of Board and committee practices.
• Implementation of formal accountability measures.
• Effective policy development and implementation.
Administer the Registered Teachers Act such that:
• Business systems and processes are customer focused.
• The certification and registration processes are sound.
• Applications for certification are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Complaints against teachers are investigated in a timely and thorough manner.
• Only fit and proper persons are registered with the SPTRB.
Run an efficient and cost effective organization by:
• Managing resources effectively and achieve maximum impact and cost effectiveness through
careful financial planning, monitoring and control.
• Supporting staff to ensure they have the skills necessary to support our strategic aims.
• Supporting Board and committee members in fulfilling their roles.
Set standards and promote high-quality professional learning for all registrants at all stages in their careers by:
• Developing a continuing education strategy for registrants.
• Developing a currency of practice for registrants.
Practice strategic risk management so as to:
• Identify potential events that may affect the SPTRB.
• Manage risk.
• Provide assurance that the SPTRB is able to fulfill its mandate.