Survey on Standards of Professional Conduct
The SPTRB is responsible for establishing and administering the professional standards of conduct and competence for teachers in Saskatchewan.
WHAT ARE PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS?
The Standards Development Committee has proposed the following as the SPTRB’s Standards of Conduct:
• set out the key principles of good conduct and practice
• are expected and achievable behaviours
• guide judgements and decisions
• inform registered teachers, parents, guardians, learners and the general public about the manner in which registered teachers are
expected to conduct themselves.
1. Registered teachers base their relationships with learners on mutual trust and respect.
2. Registered teachers have regard for the safety and well-being of learners in their care.
3. Registered teachers act with honesty and integrity.
4. Registered teachers take responsibility for maintaining the quality of their practice
5. Registered teachers uphold public trust and confidence in the education profession.
You are invited to complete a survey on the proposed Standards of Professional Conduct and indicators of each standard. This survey is a follow-up to last year’s survey in which you were asked to describe behaviours of teachers that demonstrate key principles of professional conduct. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey here. Your feedback is important!