In order to practice the profession of teaching in Saskatchewan, certified teachers are required to register on an annual basis with the SPTRB.  All teachers who register with the SPTRB will appear on the Public Registry.

How to Register


To register, you must sign in to your profile and access the Registration Renewal application form.


There are three simple and short sections to the registration form:
     ♦  Contact Information and Employer Information
     ♦  Confidential Disclosure Form
     ♦  Declaration Form


Additional details and instructions are below.

1.  Sign in to your SPTRB account

•  Click SIGN IN at the top right-hand corner of the website
•  Enter your username (7-digit certificate number OR email address you chose)
•  Enter your password (ex. date of birth: YYYYMMDD)

2.  Access Registration Form

• Chose APPLICATIONS from the EDUCATORS ONLY tab at the top of the page
• Choose APPLY next to the Registration Renewal form
• Read all instructions and press CONTINUE

3.  Complete Registration Renewal Form

Contact Information
•  Update or confirm your personal contact information. 

Employment Information
•  As part of the registration form, you will be asked to indicate your employer. This section has two parts: Employer and School Assignment. Employer is mandatory and school assignment is strongly recommended. Click “Add New Record” to add more than one employer and your school assignment. Your employment entries will link you to the reports which your employer will use to ensure that you have registered.

•  To assist in making the appropriate selections, please refer to the chart below:

Employment Situation    Employer  School Assignment
 Publicly Funded School Division
(Contract Employees and Substitute Teachers)
 Choose Specific Division(s)  Choose Specific School
 On-Leave (i.e. parental, medical, etc.)
     See Note 1
 Choose Specific Division AND indicate "On-Leave" as your "Role"  Choose Specific School
 Independent School  Choose "Independent Schools Branch"  Choose Specific School
 Post-Secondary Institution:
     SK Polytechnic or Regional College
 Choose Specific Institution  Choose Specific Institution Location
 Post-Secondary Institution:
 Choose Specific Institution
   (U of R, U of S, FNUniv.)
 Leave Blank or Choose "Other"
 Custody and/or Care Facility  Choose "Custody and Care Facility"  Leave Blank or Choose "Other"
 Ministry of Education  Choose "Ministry of Education"  Leave Blank or Choose "Other"
 Retired and NOT teaching
     See Note 2
 Choose "Retired and Not Teaching"  Leave Blank or Choose "Other"
 Employed Outside of Saskatchewan  Choose "Employed Outside of Saskatchewan"  Leave Blank or Choose "Other"
 Other  Choose "Other"  Leave Blank or Choose "Other"

Note 1:  If you are on leave from a position (i.e. parental/maternity, medical, education, etc.) please choose the division and school from which you are on leave and then select "On-Leave" as your "Role" within the division portion.

Note 2:  If you are retired and do not intend to teach at all in the coming year, choose "Retired and Not Teaching" and leave the school assignment blank.  If you are retired but may teach in the 2018-2019 school year, choose Employer "Other" and leave the school assignment blank.

Confidential Disclosure
•  Answer the confidential disclosure question.  If you answer "Yes", you will be prompted to provide a summary of the situation.

•  Read the declaration and indicate if you agree in the appropriate check box.

Submitting the Form
•  Click SUBMIT to submit your registration.

•  Click SAVE if you wish to save, log out, and return to the form at a later date.
•  No changes can be made once application is submitted.

•  Your name will appear on the Public Registry once the application is approved (usually within 24 hours). 

Who is required to register?
Anyone who holds a position in which a Saskatchewan teacher’s certificate is required for employment must register with the SPTRB.

What if I do not have an employer?
If you currently do not have an employer, you can select the Retired and Not Practicing option.  Once you do have an employer, please sign in to your Educator Portal to update your employment information.  You can access this by clicking Educators Only > Profile once you have signed in to your Educator Portal.  

I am a substitute teacher.  Do I have to register?
Yes, substitute teachers must register with the SPTRB. If needed, you can add multiple employing school divisions to your record under the Employer field. You are not required to provide specific school assignments but you must indicate you are a substitute teacher.

I will be retiring at the end of the current school year.  Do I have to register?
You are not required to register if you are retiring. You may register in order to stay up-to-date and in contact with the SPTRB. If you choose to do any substitute teaching, however, you must be registered.

I am going to be on maternity leave next year.  Do I have to register?
You are not required to register if you are not teaching/working. You must be registered if you return to the classroom at any time throughout the year. Please note that you are welcome to register even if you will not be working. There is currently no fee, and the process only takes about five minutes. This will ensure that you continue to receive communication from the SPTRB, including a reminder to register next year.

What is my username and password?
If you were certified before October 2015 by the Ministry of Education, your username is your 7-digit teacher’s certificate number (unless you have changed it). If you were certified after October 2015 by the SPTRB, your username is the email address you entered when you created your SPTRB account. You can request a password reset if you do not remember your password. This will be sent to the email address you entered or confirmed in your Educator Portal.

What dates should I enter for Employment start and end date?
The dates you enter should match the registration year dates: September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2019.

What dates should I enter for School Assignment start and end date.
The dates you enter should match the registration year dates: September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2019.

I have submitted my registration and realized that I made a mistake.  How can I make changes?
Once you submit your registration application you cannot go back and make any edits to the form. However, you can sign in to your SPTRB Educator Portal at any time to update your contact information, employer or school assignment. Once signed in, click Educators Only > Profile to access this information.

How can I tell if I am registered?
Once your registration renewal has been received and approved (please allow 24 hours for this to occur), there are two ways to check your registration:
1. Your name will appear on the SPTRB Public Registry
2. A printable Registration Verification card will be available in your educator portal (Educators Only > Registration Verification).
Please Note: Your employer and principal will only be notified when you are registered IF YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR EMPLOYER AND SCHOOL on your registration renewal form OR in your Educator Portal.

My name has changed.  How do I change my name with the SPTRB?
Email a copy of your name change document (example: marriage certificate) to the SPTRB at Be sure to include the date that your new name came into effect.

I have completed a Master’s degree.  How do I add a credential to my SPTRB profile?
The SPTRB requires official transcripts to update your profile. Contact the issuing institution and request an official transcript which verifies the completion of your degree to be sent to the SPTRB.

Is there a fee to register for the 2018/2019 school year?
There will be no fee associated with this year's registration process.